||Registration Opens & Networking Breakfast
- Greg Kahn, CEO & President, IoT Consortium
OPENING ADDRESS: The state of IoT in 2019
- IoT adoption has been slower than was predicted a few years ago, however the financial benefit is real for those escaping pilot phase, and the market forecast is still strong.
- A small handful of big companies are starting to see significant ($500M-$1B) in IoT-related revenue, and a few unicorns are emerging from the startup pack.
- What’s challenging people once they achieve scale is mostly a combination of Talent recruiting/retention, organization dysfunction, and FUD around Cybersecurity.
- Machine learning is becoming ubiquitous in IoT at scale, and Edge and 5G technologies may be poised to unlock more high value use cases.
- Brett May, COO & GM, IoT, McKinsey & Company
INVESTOR PANEL: Financing an IoT Project
- What financing/funding is available?
- A look at the role of VCs vs Accelerators vs Corporate Investors
- Where are Investors seeing return?
- Sarah Krouse, Reporter, Wall Street Journal (Moderator)
- Nate Williams, Founder, UNION Labs
- Dan Herscovici, Partner, Edison Partners
- Gus Warren, Managing Director, Ventures, Samsung NEXT
- Deborah Zajac, Director, Touchdown Ventures
NEW INTERFACES PANEL: Future of Screens, Audio & Voice
- How are IoT devices expanding their interactivity with consumers? Facial Recognition & Voice in the Connected Home
- Where do Voice Assistants go from here?
- Enhancing the consumer experience with Video
- Rich Greenfield, Partner, TMT Analyst, Lightshed Partners (Moderator)
- David Wertheimer, Former President, Digital Products, FOX
- Mark Spates, Product Lead, Smart Speakers, Google
- Rachael Schwartz, Head of Business Strategy, Consumer Electronics Division, Bose
- Jesse Redniss, EVP Data Strategy, WarnerMedia
- Derrick Dicoi, Vice President, Strategy and Product Management, Xfinity Home, Comcast
PANEL HOSTED BY THE NY TIMES: A look at how 21st Century Media Organizations are creating "always on" experiences
- Understand the NY Times are applying the combined power of 5G, connected devices and smart cities to better serve readers in a 24/7 world
- Marc Lavallee, Managing Director R&D, NY Times (Moderator)
- Kenyatta Cheese, Co-Founder, Everybody At Once
- Kathryn Harrison, Founder, DeepTrust Alliance
- Sean McKenzie, Co-Founder, Steereo
- Kevin Slavin, Consultant and Serial Entrepreneur
CMO PANEL: How to Effectively Market Connected Products to Businesses and Consumers?
- How to effectively Market the Connected Product to Consumers?
- Marketing Strategies for B2B
- Ross Martin, CEO, Blackbird / Former EVP, Viacom (Moderator)
- Marc Mathieu, Former CMO, Samsung Electronics North America
- Jochen Koedijk, CMO, ADT
- Margaret Herndon, VP - Head of Marketing & Communications, Ericsson
KEYNOTE: INVERT OR DIE! How IoT and consumer experience make INVERSION a reality
AI/ IoT/ 5G/ EDGE/Mobile and big data come together in the new hyper-connected world. INVERSION , utilizing these technologies is a paradigm shift that enables companies to build products and offerings based on customer NEEDS/EXPERIENCES vs product specs. This shift is enabled by IoT. INVERSION relates to all companies. Linda is a pioneer in IoT. Her second book The Inversion Factor won MIT’s bronze award in Business Theory in 2018 and her 3rd book discussing how IoT and AI at the Edge will change the world, and AI at the Edge, will be published by MIT in 2021.
The question is: What should the new EDGE In the hyper-connected world look like to make the future possible? We will discuss the new provocative EDGE-AI!.
- Linda Bernardi, Author, Technologist, Entrepreneur, Innovator
LUNCH SPONSOR ADDRESS:Leveraging IoT to Drive Digital Transformation
- Drivers for IoT Adoption
- Key challenges
- Where to focus to gain ROI
- Charlene Marini, VP of Strategy, IoT Services Group, Arm
- Brian Partridge, Vice President, 451 Research
Keynote: How Do You See the Future?
While many companies struggle to react to the ever-changing business landscape, successful ones know that tomorrow will look nothing like today, and they embrace the emerging technologies that are available to them to aid in their digital transformation
Shelly Palmer, CEO of The Palmer Group, will discuss how to leverage emerging technologies such as machine learning, 5G, AI, open source software, best-in-class marketing technology (martech), and associated data science technologies to help you prepare for tomorrow and be ready for whatever comes next.
- Shelly Palmer, CEO, The Palmer Group
INDUSTRY FOCUS PANEL: Future of Mobility
- A look at the 4 disruptive trends changing the way the automotive industry develops: “ACES
- Autonomous vehicles
- Connected cars
- Shared mobility
- Stacey Higginbotham, Journalist / Founder, Stacey on IoT (Moderator)
- Arthur Orduna, Chief Innovation Officer, Avis Budget
- Kurt Hoppe, Director, Product Management, Android Automotive, Google
- Rob Tiffany, Vice President and Head of IoT Strategy, Ericsson
- Kyle MacDonald, VP Marketing, Mojio
- Patrick Smith, New Mobility Policy Advisor, New York City Department of Transportation
- Caen Contee, Former, Global Head of Special Projects, Lime
INDUSTRY FOCUS PANEL: Connected Home 2020
- What does the Connected Home of 2020 and beyond look like?
- Showcasing the true impact from Assisted Living / Aging in Place
- Smart Home Security
- Greg Kahn, President & CEO, Internet of Things Consortium (Moderator)
- Michele Chambers Turner, Sr. Director, Smart Home Ecosystem, Google
- Charlie Kindel, Chief Product & Technology Officer, SnapAV
- Lee Odess, Vice President of Strategic Partnering, Allegion, PLC
- Sheila Hicks, Vice President/General Manager, Cox Homelife
- David Kaiserman, President - Special Situations Group, Lennar Corporation
INDUSTRY FOCUS SESSION: A Look at how IoT is revolutionizing Health & Wellness
- A look at how connected technology is revolutionizing and transforming Healthcare and Wellness
- Jeremy Kaplan, Editor in Chief, Digital Trends (Moderator)
- Ron Peri, Head of Connected Product and IT Innovation, Procter & Gamble
- Goran Kukic, Chief Innovation Technology Officer, Nestlé
- Carl Anderson, Senior Director, Data Science, WW International
INDUSTRY FOCUS PANEL: Redefining Retail
- Emerging Trends & Today’s Consumer Demands across Retail
- Meeting Demands through in-home delivery
- Disruptive Fintech and emerging payments landscapes
- Katherine Black, Principal, Retail & Consumer Strategy, KPMG(Moderator)
- Stephane Wyper, SVP for New Commerce Partnerships, Mastercard
- Charlene Marini, VP of Strategy, IoT Services Group, Arm
- David Munczinski, President, Marketplace Platform b8ta
PANEL: Securing IoT
- Tackling Security Challenges to Unveil True IoT Applications
- Creating a secure Internet of Things
- Addressing privacy concerns and considerations
- Lily Hay Newman, Security Writer, WIRED (Moderator)
- Anil John, Technical Director, Silicon Valley Innovation Program, Department of Homeland Security
- Sharon Mirsky, Co-Founder & COO Firedome
- Antony Kim, Partner – Cyber, Privacy & Data Innovation, Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Matthew J. Eggers, Vice President, Cybersecurity Policy, Cyber, Intelligence, and Security Division, US Chamber of Commerce
SMART CITY NYC PANEL: A Vision for the Future Connected City
- How will IoT address some of New York City’s most crucial challenges?
- Addressing new demands and trends of todays’ citizen
- Bridging Public & Private Sector Innovation
- Real Estate & Smart Buildings
- Kim Hart, Managing Director, Axios (Moderator)
- Samir Saini, Former CIO, City of New York
- Commissioner Gregg Bishop, NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS)
- Beverly Rider, SVP & Chief Commercial Officer, Hitachi
PANEL: IoT & ETHICS – Creating an Ethical, Diverse & Inclusive Society in our Connected Future
- Understanding the Role of Ethics in the Business of IoT
- How is IoT challenging consumer perspective on data ethics?
- How to overcome tech’s diversity barriers? Where do we go from here?
- Harnessing the power of diversity and inclusion to accelerate IoT
- How can we effectively utilize technology to support a culture of inclusion and diversity in the workplace?
- Gio Benitez, Correspondent, ABC News(Moderator)
- Lisa Seacat DeLuca, Director Digital IoT Transformation & Digital Twin, Distinguished Engineer, Project Whitespace Founder, IBM
- Sri Solur, EVP/GM of the Robotics Division, SharkNinja
- Brigitte Daniel, Executive Vice President, Wilco Electronic Systems
- Amy Bernal, Chief Experience Officer, Aira.io
CLOSING REMARKS: IoTC Wrap Up
||IoTC Icon Award Giving
|7:00pm - 8:00pm
||IoTC NEXT Cocktail Hour